Be prepared!

Sunday 4 March 2012

Christmas card making

As the days are getting longer my Christmas card classes are due to begin again. A chance to play with my new stamps!

This one is using stamps by Waltzing mouse. I plan to hide from the world for a few days to play more with this set which has a wonderful Nutcracker in it. The local German shop has agreed to stock some of my cards before they have even seen them so I best get cracking!
I plan to do a cute version of a card everytime this year as folks do love the colouring in part. This is a Molly Bloom stamp from the 2011 Christmas collection. As you can see I have glossy accented his nose which was not quite dry when I took the picture!
For both these cards I have used free papers which came with various craft magazines - I am hoping to do some recycling of Christmas cards too to help them get thrifty this year.
I cant believe I got to March before even making a card - I am soooo behind!
I am entering these into Crafty Hazlenuts challenge which is seeing red - one of my favourite Christmas card colours - I am sooo traditional!
Winter Wonderland which is a photo inspiration
and Simon says stamp which is anything goes
Hows your Christmas preparations coming along?
Janet xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh Janet I have to giggle when I opened your blog and it said 296 days to Christmas - maybe I should start to get my cards sorted like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Christmas cards. And I believe I'm just like you? Christmas crazy! I have already many Christmas cards ready (and gifts too)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, to soon for xmas cards for me but maybe it would be more fun getting them done early for a change.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have a candy giveaway if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the images - gorgeous cards - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 62 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you Janet. Fab cards Nd thanks for playing with us at Winter Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My gosh this is one very stunning Christmas card fabulous design and layout and that is one super cute image too and so beautifully coloured,

    So pleased you joined us at Winter Wonderland Photo Inspiration Challenge I do hope you can try and join in the fun with us next week too,

    Have a lovely day
    Hugs Bridget :0x
    Winter Wonderland DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Christmas blog I love to see your comments and will come and visit you too x