Be prepared!

Friday 19 November 2010

A Decoration!

One thing positive about doing your Christmas cards early means you get to play with doing other Christmas projects because you are not in a rush!
This is a wooden box I decorated at the last craft retreat in September. I have stamped in black archival and used distress inks for all the colour. Stamps I borrowed off Bee and Linda as I had not taken Christmas stamps with me. The Tim Holtz ones I have anyway but it gave me an opportunity to play with the dark room door ones too so thanks gals!
Whoops forgot this gorgeous house is in fact elusive images - again thanks to Bee x

This poor picture is one of 12 matchboxes I made for a 12 days of Christmas swap. I chose 2 turtle doves and have used the craft stamper freebie stamp on shrink plastic as the charms. Sheet music and lush ribbon and lace, then wax seal complete the look
The swaps should be coming back any day now - how exciting one of the ladies is from Russia!

And now onto Winter Wonderland where I am the host this week. The girls will be cursing me this morning as I lost all the pics last night when editing the post - me thinks Clarky J is not popular today!
So the theme is a decoration. This wooden tray held some rather garish embelishments once upon a day - I bought it at the local craft shop - Embsay Mills - just for the tray. I painted it gold, used basic grey papers, crafty individual stamps, promarkers to colour and a little flower soft here and there. Mr Holtz ticket in the middle and this crafty individuals sentiment to hang underneath and this is now a gift for someone rather special!


So thats the task at Winter Wonderland. Make a decoration and enter in the inlinkz - you could be the randomly drawn winner of 3 digi stamps from Delicious Doodles.
Hopefully my team mates have forgiven my huge Gaff and replaced their projects in the post - I do hope so as they were absolutely gorgeous - stop by for a look here

Happy Friday x Janet

4 comments:

  1. really really enjoyed this challenge hun hope your feeling better (next time mail me and I will cover for you) this is stunning would love to have this hung in my home at that special time of the year, gorgeous
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to forgive Janet, we all make mistakes but I know it is a panic when you do something wrong on the post. Hope you're better soon. Fab decoration, wouldn't know where to start with making this. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Janet fabulous work, love the colours and stamps you have used.
    luv {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your matchbox! It is so sweet and looks gorgeous with all the others. I knew I'd seen those birds before - the Craft Stamper gift, yes! They look great, well done for geting them so small.

    Thanks again,

    From

    3 French Hens!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Christmas blog I love to see your comments and will come and visit you too x