Be prepared!

Monday 3 January 2011

and so it all begins again...............

I started this blog 12 months ago as a place to record my preparations for Christmas 2010. I have to say i was really pleased with the organised feel i had to Christmas which meant that December could be focused on other things than making cards and gifts - having the luxury of time to make some decorations was in itself a real pleasure. So now I begin all over again this time for Christmas 2011!

This card was made using the waste from cutting out a reindeer from my new Tim Holtz dies. I spent yesterday afternoon die cutting away so I have lots on hand when I want it. This seemed to work quite well although I still prefer the stamped version.
Sentiments are by butterfly kisses. inks used are cherry cobbler SU and black momento.

This was one of my fav buys of last year and he didn't see enough ink so out it came. Again from the same set of butterfly kisses stamps and simple matting and layering complete this card. I really must try to make flatter cards this year as the postage was horrendous for all my bulky creations so these three work well with that in mind.
So I am entering this in Crafty Hazelnuts first Christmas challenge which you can find here
A great way to get ahead for 2011!

3 comments:

  1. These cards are superb. You've made me want to buy the reindeer (putting it on my wish list). Thank you for joining in the first challenge on my new Christmas blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your message - I've deleted your duplicate entry, although, if you want to, you could enter each card separately for more chance to be picked as the random winner x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And kudos on getting your Christmas together early again! I'm only as far as picking up a few commercial cards that I found on sale!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Christmas blog I love to see your comments and will come and visit you too x